- Teachers employed in North Carolina public school districts.
- You may borrow physical library materials and use the Idea Factory (limits apply).
- The loan period is 30 days. There is a limit of 15 items on a teacher borrower card at one time.
- Current, state-adopted textbooks are non-circulating.
- Bring your official teacher ID to the Lower Level Service Desk in Belk Library or to the Library Services Desk on the 1st floor.
- A card will be issued for one year. There is no cost for the card.
IMC faculty and staff primarily serve teachers that are members of the ASU-Public School Partnership (see below). Teachers within the ASU-Public School Partnership service region may request professional development workshops and resources.
- Alexander County Schools
- Alleghany County Schools
- Ashe County Schools
- Avery County Schools
- Burke County Schools
- Caldwell County Schools
- Elkin City Schools
- Watauga County Schools
- Wilkes County Schools
There is limited free parking Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm.
After 5:00 weekdays, and all days on weekends, visitors may park in any available space, unless otherwise posted. (Exceptions are on football game days and during other special events.)
To obtain a free one-day pass:
- Bring your Teacher Borrow Card with you.
- Park in a free 30-minute space on the lower level of the College Street Parking Deck.
- Go to the Library Services Desk (1st floor) or to the Lower Level Service Desk to receive the pass.
- The pass must be displayed on the dash of your vehicle.
- See additional information regarding directions to the library and parking.
The IMC has a collection of currently adopted NC textbooks as well as selected volumes from the previous adoption. Current textbooks must be used in-house due to high demand while textbooks included in the past adoption circulate on a three-week checkout. Click here to see a subject guide and call number information for currently adopted textbooks.
The IMC’s Idea Factory is available to teachers employed in North Carolina public school districts. Teachers may use the Idea Factory’s materials (limits apply) and equipment to produce classroom visuals and activities. Click here to see examples of learning materials that can be created in the Idea Factory.
The most prominent collection of the Idea Factory is the Ellison Die Cut Center, which currently includes almost 1000 die-cuts. Among the many popular sub-collections of the die-cuts are alphabet and American sign language letters, geometric and nature shapes, animals, and musical instruments and notes.