Welcome to the Instructional Materials Center
Located on the lower level of Belk Library and Information Commons. We support the Reich College of Education in many ways. See the information below, and menu options above, to learn more about the virtual tour, our services, the resources, the Idea Factory and more. Questions? Come to the lower level IMC service desk or call us, 828-262-2790.
IMC Virtual Tour
Want to know more about what the Instructional Materials Center has to offer? Click here for a virtual tour of the IMC and learn about our resources.
- Providing reference service to ASU students, faculty, and staff, as well as area educators and community members
- Hosting classes and workshops on finding and using library resources
- Supporting the “Idea Factory,” a media production facility designed exclusively for education students and area educators
- Offering “readers advisory” for all ages and reading levels
- Providing public computers for research (via the library catalog, databases, periodical indexes, and the Internet)
- Children’s and young adult literature (fiction, non-fiction, picture books, biographies, etc.)
- Curriculum and lesson planning ideas and examples
- K–12 textbooks (both N.C. state adopted and supplementary)
- Manipulatives and displays (posters, models, puppets, games)
- Audiovisual materials (CDs, DVDs, software, etc.)
- Professional and reference collections
The loan period for all patrons is 30 days.
Please note: IMC state-adopted textbooks are non-circulating reference material.
Number of checked-out items allowed:
- Undergraduate students: 75
- Graduate students: 75
- Faculty: 75
- Staff and retirees: 25
- Teacher borrowers: 15
- Community borrowers: 5
IMC Items can be renewed for an additional 30 days up to two times. Items can be renewed online or in the library at the Lower Level Service Desk in the IMC or the Library Service Desk on the first floor.