The IMC’s North Carolina K–12 adopted textbook collection:
- Includes both supplementary and currently adopted print textbooks.
- Currently adopted textbooks are in-library use only and may not be checked out.
- The collection also includes textbook correlations and workbooks.
- This collection is in the IMC stacks (lower level, directly behind the IMC service desk).
See the NC State Board of Education, Department of Public Instruction, Textbook Adoption webpage for a list of NC adopted textbooks and more information about the NC textbook adoption process (the Textbook Commission and the evaluation criteria).
Currently adopted textbook subjects include:
(Agriculture, Agriscience, Animal Science, Horticulture and Natural Resources)
- Business, Finance and Marketing
(Accounting, Business Management, Marketing)
- Computer Science and Information Technology
(Information Technology, Computer Applications, Programming)
- Career Development
(Exploring Careers, Career Management)
- English Language Development
(English as a Second Language)
- Family and Consumer Science
(Life Skills, Food and Nutrition, Housing, Child Development, Apparel Construction, Culinary Arts)
- Foreign Languages
(Chinese, French, Latin, Spanish, German)
- Health and Physical Education
(Physical Education, Health, Fitness)
- Health Sciences
(Allied Health, Nursing, Anatomy)
- Language Arts
(Literature, Reading, English, Grammar)
(Introductory Math, Algebra, Geometry, Technical Mathematics, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, Advanced Functions and Modeling)
(Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Environmental Science, Physical Science, Physics)
- Social Studies
(African American Studies, Civics and Economics, World History, United States History, American Government, Sociology, Contemporary Law and Justice, Psychology)
- Trade, Technology, Engineering and Industrial Education